Download the pledge form here
- Aventura Mall – Captain Dwight Snyder, – (305) 792-1893 – dsnyder@SIBPD.net or Sergeant Brian Schnell, ~ (305-947-4440 or 786-340-0212), email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dadeland Mall – Sergeant Orlando Reyes, ~ (786-873-9000), email: OLReyes@mdpd.com
- The Falls – Sergeant David Greenwell ~ (305-471-2506 or 305-877-9955), email: email@example.com
- Shops at Sunset Place – Sergeant Henry Guzman ~(786-333-5972) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southland Mall – Officer Jose Edreira at (786)488-5611, email: email@example.com
This is the only time of year when POAT is in a public setting and has the opportunity to explaining what we are about. This year, we will purchase gifts for 62 surviving children. A large contingent of volunteers is needed to fill all of the vacancies at the various malls. Please do your part by targeting a mall where you would like to assist and contact the coordinator. The tables open on Black Friday, November 28th and will be set up until December 23rd.
In 1995, the POAT entered into an agreement with the United Way so that people wanting to direct their United Way donations to POAT could do so. Since that time, POAT’s main source of income has been generated through the United Way by police officers designating POAT on their pledge forms. The police departments that have this available are: Miami-Dade, Hialeah, Miami Beach, Miami-Dade Corrections and the University of Miami. Open enrollment for employees to designate their contribution runs from October through November. Remember you must specifically designate Police Officer Assistance Trust, not POAT. The process for completing the donation has gone paperless and is now automated. Please take the time log on and ensure your donation is properly entered.
Check out POAT’s website to keep abreast of all of the events and fundraisers that are taking place.