- Aventura Mall – Captain Dwight Snyder at (305) 792-1893 email: dsnyder@SIBPD.net or Sergeant Brian Schnell at (305) 947-4440 or (786) 340-0212 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dadeland Mall – Sergeant Orlando Reyes at (786) 873-9000 email: OLReyes@mdpd.com
- The Falls – Sergeant David Greenwell at (305) 471-2506 or (305) 877-9955 email: email@example.com
- Southland Mall – Officer Eddie Gaitan at (305) 490-8644 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Merrick Park – Lieutenant Bart Barta at (305) 460-5464 email: email@example.com
This is the only time of year when POAT is in a public setting and has the opportunity to explain what we are about. This year, we will purchase gifts for 63 surviving children. A large contingent of volunteers is needed to fill all of the vacancies at the various malls. Please do your part by targeting a mall where you would like to assist and contact the coordinator. The tables open on Black Friday, November 27th and will be set-up through December 23rd.
Operation Support Our Wounded Warriors (OSOWW) will be hosting the Wounded Warriors Amputee Softball Team (WWAST) to a tournament and Celebrity Softball game December 12-13, 2015. The WWAST will be kicking off the tournament with a celebrity game against former Major League Baseball Players on Friday December 11, 2015 at Florida International University (FIU) baseball stadium at 8:00 pm. Tickets can be purchased at FIUsports.com Many of you may remember this group of American Heroes that participated in a tournament several years ago, and they were an inspiration to everyone they came in contact with. The players will arrive several days prior to the tournament to partake in several scheduled activities. If you would like to volunteer to assist in the planning and implementation of the event, contact the POAT Office at 305-594-6662.
The Motorcycle Ride to benefit POAT’s Holiday Gifts for Surviving Children will be held on Saturday December 12, 2015, at 9:00 a.m. The ride begins at the Miami-Dade Police Department Headquarters Building, 9105 NW 25 Street. Registration for the event is $20 per bike. A commemorative t-shirt will be given to each registered rider (while supplies last). Online registration is available at www.poat.org
The Homerun for Heroes Third Annual Kickball Tournament will be held at Kendall Indian Hammocks Park on January 15-17, 2016. The park is located at 11395 SW 79 Street. If interested in forming a team, contact Lieutenant Thamy Gonzalez at 305-216-6605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Team Registration Fee is $300. Each team will receive 15 t-shirts. Online Registration is available at www.poat.org.