Crime Scene Scholarship Application
Deadline May 1, 2020 | Amount $2,000.00
The Mike Byrd Crime Scene Investigation Scholarship is awarded to:
Any Miami-Dade, Broward, or Monroe County high school senior or full-time college student:
- Who is the son or daughter of a sworn officer working for any law enforcement agency within the geographical boundaries of Miami-Dade County and
- Who is planning to or is currently majoring in Biology, Chemistry, Forensics, Pathology, or any major affiliated to Crime Scene Investigation and
- Currently maintains a 2.5 minimum grade point average
This scholarship is awarded based on achievement in the Sciences associated with Crime Scene Investigation. One scholarship in the amount of $2,000.00 will be awarded. Prior applicants and recipients may apply for this scholarship annually.
Please submit the following items:
- Mike Byrd Scholarship Application
- A certified transcript of your grades
High School Seniors also include the following:
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member who is familiar with your work
- One letter of recommendation from a school guidance counselor
- Prior to receiving the scholarship funds, you must provide us with a confirmation of enrollment letter from the college, university, or vocational school you are attending.
Applications and supporting documentation must be postmarked on or before May 1, 2020.
Police Officer Assistance Trust
Attn: Scholarship Committee
1030 N.W. 111 Avenue, Suite 232
Miami, Florida 33172