Christopher W. Todd Police Science Scholarship
Police Science Scholarship
Deadline May 2, 2022 | Amount $2,000.00
Ability determines what you can do. Motivation determines what you will do. Attitude determines how well you do it. Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly.
The Christopher W. Todd Scholarship was created in 2011 in loving memory of Miami-Dade Police Department Detective Christopher W. Todd. Chris’ attitude about life has forever changed the lives of his family, friends and those whose lives he touched.
This scholarship is awarded based on achievement and need. A scholarship in the amount of $2,000 will be awarded. Prior applicants and recipients may apply for this scholarship annually.
You May Be Eligible
The Christopher W. Todd Police Science Scholarship will be awarded to:
- Who is the son or daughter of a sworn officer working for any law enforcement agency within the geographical boundaries of Miami-Dade County and
- Any officer or son/daughter of an officer working for any law enforcement agency within the boundaries of Miami-Dade County and
- Who is currently enrolled as a full or part-time student in an undergraduate or graduate program in Criminal Justice, Police Science, Law, Public Safety or Social Services with a grade point average of at least 2.5 or
- A high school senior who currently maintains or graduated high school with a 3.0 grade point average and is enrolled or plans to enroll as a full or part-time student in an undergraduate program in Police Science, Law, Public Safety or Social Services
Please submit the following items:
- Complete ALL information on the Christopher Todd Scholarship Application
- Attach a current certified transcript of grades
High School Seniors also include the following:
- A letter outlining the applicant’s background and current school and work goals
- Provide one letter of recommendation from a teacher who is familiar with your work
- Provide one letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor
- Prior to receiving the scholarship funds, you must provide us with a confirmation of enrollment letter from the college, university, or vocational school you are attending.
Christopher Todd Scholarship Application
Police Officer Assistance Trust
Attn: Scholarship Committee
1030 N.W. 111 Avenue, Suite 232
Miami, Florida 33172
Applications and supporting documentation must be postmarked on or before May 1st, 2021
How you can help
Your donations are always welcome
The individuals, businesses, and organizations whose contributions have made POAT’s progress possible are greatly appreciated.